Hi, I’m Denise Heidel (pronounced like Heidelberg, Germany — but without the berg). I live in Clemmons, NC and I absolutely love small businesses.
I also love to work on projects and spreadsheets. I’m a wordsmith and have 25+ years of experience in project management, writing, customer service, and event planning. Plus, I have the reputation as the office go-to-gal whenever there’s a question about how to do something on the computer.
When I combined these passions, I decided to become a virtual assistant.
My full resume is available upon request, but here’s a brief recap of my experience/skills:
- Excel, including Pivot tables, charts, simple macros
- PowerPoint (all customized; never canned)
- Project management from concept to development
- Surveys, including both Survey Monkey and Google Forms
- Exceptional understanding of the Google Drive system, including Sheets, Docs, Calendar, and Gmail
- Other fun programs like Dropbox, Doodle, and Constant Contact
That’s a short overview, but again — I’m happy to share my resume with you upon request. But some other things you might want to know about me include:
- I’ve been a writer for my community magazines for 13+ years. You can check out some of my published work here, here, here, and here. (That’s Forsyth Woman; Forsyth Family; Forsyth Woman Engaged; and, Forsyth Community magazines.)
- I’m also a daily blogger! My personal blog, My Grace-Full Life, is a faith-based blog that features daily prayer and praise prompts.
- I have a very strong, unwavering opinion about the Oxford Comma.
Beyond all the professional stuff, I’m married with a grown son. My husband and I have a dog and three cats. I love to listen to my husband’s band practice (he’s the drummer of HawthorneCurve.com!), and in my free time, I enjoy volunteering as a Bible study leader with Harvest at Home. I’m an avid reader, I love to cook, and I consume a lot of coffee on a daily basis.
Now that you know all about me, when do I get to meet you? Contact me and let me know how I can help!